Environmental Due Diligence
Expert help with Environmental Due Diligence
At AFRY, we provide expert help with Environmental Due Diligence.
Environmental Due Diligence (EDD) assesses the potential environmental risks, liabilities and non-compliance issues of the asset. It also ensures that the current and forthcoming environmental legislation is considered, and potential material impacts of the asset are evaluated. This reduces disagreement and contract disputes between the seller and the buyer afterwards.
We have carried out thousands of EDDs in energy, industrial, water and real estate sectors for industrial and private companies, investors and financiers.
We have also expertise in Technical, Commercial and Regulatory Due Diligence and other investigations related to transactions (e.g. soil and groundwater investigations) when needed. Our global presence and knowledge of EDD process and the legislation in various countries help us to evaluate even the largest portfolios with confidence and meet our clients’ high standards and tight schedule.
We have experience in the following sectors:
- Energy sector (DH entities, CHP, transmission & distribution, waste incineration, hydropower, wind power, nuclear power)
- Forest industry (pulp & paper industry, sawmills, woodworking industry)
- Chemical industry
- Waste management and biogas plants
- Water and wastewater treatment
- Real estate sector
- Manufacturing industry
- Engineering works
- Steel industry
- Electronics manufacturing
- Metals and mining industry