Integrated Logistics Support (ILS)
Reliable systems and lower costs
Integrated Logistics Support, ILS, is a management approach to plan and develop optimized support for systems in order to assure the right availability throughout the lifecycle.
ILS can be utilized in each step of a system or product creation in order to achieve the highest operational availability possible at the lowest conceivable Life Cycle Cost (LCC), which ultimately increases investment returns. Developed with the primary intention to ensure operational availability of military equipment, Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) is now also implemented in the commercial sector.
Our clients receive cost effective solutions through us tailoring the scope of ILS to suit the specific needs of the system or product, for example its complexity and required availability, and trading off against LCC if necessary. We work towards the naval and telecom industry and our reference projects include LE services to defence sector suppliers as well as ILS aid to numerous projects within the Swedisch Defence Material Administration.
AFRY’s ILS Managers collaborate with project managers and system engineers to develop creative concepts and strategies. Working towards the goals from sets of requirements for the technical designs and maintenance solutions, we deliver a reliable and cost-effective system through creative problem-solving and forward thinking.
For improved system availability, we support you in:
- Life Cycle Management (LCM)
- Reliability Maintainability Testability (RM&T)
- Logistics Support Analysis (LSA)
- Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA)
- Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Supply Support
- Codification & Data
- Failure Reporting and Corrective Actions System (FRACAS)
AFRY produces and maintains technical publications such as manuals, repair books, maintenance plans, drawings and system descriptions. We can support you with the following:
- Information Needs Analysis
- Structure and organization of the of the documentation system.
- Publication requirements
- Production and updates
- Publishing of documentation
To get a system up and running at a cost effective way, all manpower involved must have the right training for their specific task. Based on the Training Needs Analysis for the client, AFRY can provide:
- Training requirements
- Recommendation of a training mix that will maximize the effect of a system (at a given cost)
- Deliver training plans
- Deliver training of trainers and operators