We provide services to support investors from the early stages of a solar project to commercial operation.
Worldwide energy demand is expected to grow 55% by 2030, which will add five times the current EU energy consumption to the current demand. This long term projected growth places constraints on the use of fossil fuels and requires decision makers to consider other sources of power. Solar energy can play a significant role in helping to meet energy needs in a manner that is environmentally sustainable.
AFRY is at the forefront of solar development and over the past 15 years, we have been actively involved in leading solar projects around the world. Our dedicated team of solar experts have the core application and technology expertise to serve clients throughout the entire value chain and project lifecycle.
Our experts support leading private and public institutions in the development of market analysis, policies, regulation and asset-related engineering and environmental projects. We make contributions towards the advancement of both photovoltaic and thermal sources of solar energy. Our solar activities are on a global scale and capture the insight of all stakeholders needed to advance this renewable form of energy to a higher level.
Project Planning, Engineering, Management and Implementation
Our services dedicated to the solar industry include:
- Site prospecting and assessment, permitting
- Technical and economical assessment of existing power plants
- Solar resource assessment by satellite image analysis and ground measured data
- Pre-feasibility and feasibility studies
- Energy yield assessment
- Planning and design of new power plants
- Project management and construction supervision
- Bidding process & Contractual design (EPC/EPCM, O&M, PPA)
- Turnkey solutions as SCADA, CMMS, LVRT & CCTV
- O&M optimisation
- Capacity building