EPCM Energy Services
Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management expertise
Meeting planned targets, as they were set out in the initial investment decision, is critically important to cost-effectiveness and to our overall service performance. Within project services, the path forward means establishing a comprehensive project manual, which usually includes the project plan, site plan and commissioning plan.
AFRY's global network of experts, including economists, commercial and legal, as well as specialists and project managers/planners are available to help turn concepts into reality - we possess the right skills in the right place at the right time.
In full cooperation with the client we prepare procurement strategy for the project, enquiry documentation for the procurement packages and arrange competitive bidding for the selection of equipment suppliers and subcontractors.
As soon as contracts are awarded, our senior experts will begin the job of supervising construction, erection and installation, as well as the work of commissioning activities. Quality, health and safety and environmental are among the most critical components.
It's our ambition to work closely with you so that your project will be controlled in a way that meets all targets as they were detailed in your investment decision in terms of commercial operation date, budget and performance.
EPCM services provided by AFRY
- Project Management
- Basic Engineering
- Implementation/detailed Engineering:
Process, civil, structural, mechanical & electrical engineering; Piping engineering; BOP engineering; Fabrication drawings & isometrics
- Design reviews
- Supervision of construction & commissioning
- Shop inspections & expediting
- Safety assessment & licensing support
- Consulting to lenders
- Quality assurance & quality control EHS and configuration management
- Site management and services including planning and procurement of site services, construction management services, erection management services, commissioning management services
- Planning and management of test on completion (Trial Run), taking over, and performance tests
An Engineering, Procurement & Construction Management (EPCM) model has no single turnkey contractor. With this model, the Owner places a series of contracts directly with equipment suppliers and contractors.
There is no overall performance or programme ‘wrap’ for managing these risks which are shared between the Owner and individual suppliers and contractors.
Each supplier is responsible for their own delivery scope and the Owner for the whole plant in terms of time schedule, performance and implementation costs.
Supported by the EPCM Consultant, the Owner is responsible for the entire management of the project. The EPCM Consultant (e.g. AFRY) develops the project design during a Front End Engineering Design (FEED) assignment, defines the procurement packages, prepares the procurement specifications and manages the procurement on behalf of the Owner.
Split of scope into few or multiple packages
EPCM Consultant manages the design, package interfacing & BoP engineering, procurement & construction and overall project coordination. Owner has full freedom on equipment selection but makes contract decisions and takes full project implementation risks. The higher the number of packages the more risk assumed by the Owner.
Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) Turnkey
Single contractor/point of responsibility
Cost, programme and process/technical risks are all included in the EPC Contract and covered by liquidated damages and warranties. An EPC tendering process tends to increase the project development time.
- Cost effective procurement, no additional profit and risk premiums. Client pays only for materialized risks
- Client has complete transparency and flexibility to make necessary adjustments during the project
- Client has full control for project lifetime risk
- Suppliers and contractors are allocated to their principal knowledge areas, staying within their ‘comfort zones’
- Strict standardization of components -> better operability and maintainability
- The chain continues from engineering to start-up and commercial operation unbroken throughout the project.
Interested in our offering? Contact us!
Contact Fredrik Persson
Interested in our offering? Contact us!