AFRY supports investors and public authorities in all phases of a solar power project
Global energy demand is expected to grow 55% by 2030, which will add five times the current EU energy consumption to the current demand. This long term projected growth places constraints on the use of fossil fuels and requires decision makers to consider other sources of power. Solar energy will play a significant role in helping to meet energy needs in a manner that is environmentally sustainable.
AFRY is at the forefront of solar development and, over the past 15 years, we have been actively involved in leading solar projects around the world, including landmark projects that achieved world-record LCOE values. Our dedicated team of solar experts have the core application and technology knowledge to serve clients throughout the entire value chain and project lifecycle.
Our experts support leading private and public institutions in the development of market analysis, policies, regulation, tendering, asset-related engineering and environmental studies, as well as operational performance optimisation. We make contributions towards the advancement of both photovoltaic and thermal sources of solar energy. Our solar activities are on a global scale and capture the insight of all stakeholders needed to advance this renewable form of energy to a higher level.
We provide dedicated services to the solar industry from concept through to construction and commercial operation
- Policy and regulation studies
- Solar and renewable energy strategies
- Public Tender and Auction Preparation
- M&A Technical and Commercial Due Diligence
- Development support
- Site prospecting and assessment, permitting
- Technical and economical assessment of new and existing power plants
- Solar resource assessment by satellite data analysis and ground measured data
- Pre-feasibility and feasibility studies
- Independent Energy yield assessments
- Planning and Engineering design of new power plants, covering stand-alone solar PV as well Solar plus energy storage and other hybrid solutions.
- Turnkey EPC services
- Project management and construction supervision
- Bidding process & Contractual design (EPC/EPCM, O&M, PPA)
- Turnkey Engineering solutions as SCADA, CMMS, LVRT & CCTV
- Commissioning and Certification
- PPA Advisory
- Operational Performance analysis and optimisation
- O&M Strategy and OPEX optimisation
- Thermal Drone-enabled Inspections
- Repowering Studies
- Capacity building