Systematic and continuous reporting of climate impacts is a prerequisite for transparent communication and accountability of sustainability statements and claims. Our carbon accounting service does exactly this – it provides systematic annual carbon impact reporting based on the best available science and transparent methodologies.
- Systematic reporting of annual carbon impacts
- Comprehensive carbon impact model to capture the real climate impacts of forest management
- Transparent methodology based on the best available science
- Integration with our other services and products, such as forest valuation services and IPTIM software
- Forest investors
- Impact investors
- Forest owners and managers
- Forest industries
Continuous and systematic reporting of forest carbon impacts
Reporting of quantified climate impacts is becoming a core figure in companies’ annual sustainability reporting frameworks. For forest investors, these figures are asked more often than not in parallel with financial performance parameters. To serve this need, AFRY's carbon accounting service provides a solution for systematic, transparent and comprehensive reporting of annual carbon impacts from forests and forestry activities.
The key components included in the carbon accounting system are:
- Standing stock biomass
- Soil organic carbon stock
- Harvested wood products
- Operational emissions
- Substitution impact of the wood products
Depending on the applied reporting framework and the included system components, the results are delivered in a format and structure that serves the needs of the client best. For example, while the net annual change in the standing stock biomass and soil organic carbon stocks might be the core metric for a forest owner, the estimation of downstream impacts can be automatically included to also capture indirect impacts of the applied forest management activities as a whole.