Energy Transactions and Due Diligence
Our expert teams provide unparalleled due diligence for asset and company transactions covering regulatory, commercial, market, technical and environmental aspects of each transaction. We provide advice and support on corporate & asset acquisitions and disposals, privatisations, debt and equity capital raisings and project and acquisition finance.
In the energy and infrastructure sector, transactions are an ongoing reality for those wishing to grow or repositioning their businesses. Often, following a strategic review, we work for clients wishing to acquire or dispose of assets in order to realise their vision.
A lot of our work is in the renewable, thermal generation and network sector which continues to be very active, but we work on a wide variety of assets, from EV charging infrastructure and battery storage solutions to LNG terminals and ports. Furthermore we are able to support large and complex company transactions supporting the entire business portfolio of a utility or service company.
We have a global reach combined with local capabilities able to support all type of companies and investor in the energy sector in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia.
We have supported transactions on over 250GW of generating capacity since 2008 with a combined value of over €250bn.
Our sister company Pöyry Capital is the investment banking arm of the AFRY Group, providing independent strategic corporate finance and M&A advice to clients in the Forest Products, Energy and Packaging Sectors – please visit www.poyrycapital.com for more information.
Our transaction support is founded on:
- a deep understanding of the energy trends supported by market models providing a view on long term energy prices, demand development etc;
- our understanding of best practices, KPIs and strategies along the entire value chain;
- providing historical support to European regulators;
- assisting utilities and funds in their relation with regulators;
- understanding key regulatory drivers;
- our unique network of technical and environment experts with a long track record in due diligence work;
- a high degree of agility and flexibility on deals;
- government policy and regulation; and
- market specific considerations.