Hydro Concept & Feasibility Studies
Turning Ideas into Reality
AFRY has a broad range of competencies and extensive experience in conducting concept, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies for new sites (green field projects), upgrading or rehabilitation of existing large and small hydropower plants in the project assessment process.
The feasibility study is an essential and critical step in assessing the viability in finding solutions for a potential project. It helps identify the technical, operational and economic boundary conditions of a project and provides quality information for decision making.
We are dedicated to help clients, along with the investors or developers, in the power and utilities sectors to address complex challenges and execute initiatives designed to further their strategic objectives, and deliver value for their shareholders.
Our concept and feasibility services include:
- Market studies
- Site Investigations (i.e. Topography, Hydrological, Geological & Geotechnical)
- Project concepts
- Pre-feasibility studies
- Technical feasibility studies for Civil, HSS and E&M works
- Hydrology and power potential studies
- Cost benefit studies
- Power evacuation studies
- Construction methodology and scheduling
- Dam-Break Analysis
- CAPEX and OPEX calculations
- Economic / financial feasibility studies
- Support for project financing
- Environmental and social impact assessment
- Project licensing / permitting
- Water resources management
- Project management