Hydro Environmental & Social Impact Assessment
High Quality ESIA services
Reducing the impacts of hydropower projects through comprehensive, participatory and sustainable solutions
An Environmental & Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) is a key step in every project for evaluating, predicting and addressing potential environmental and social impacts as well as regulatory constraints of a proposed hydropower project at an early stage. Performing an ESIA is critical for developing any project in order to minimize or avoid adverse environmental and social effects.
AFRY helps implement permitting strategies, development schedules, as well as mitigation and management plans. That way, we ensure that our clients comply with applicable environmental, social and ethical standards.
Our environment team – leaders in sustainability and climate change services – has extensive experience in providing comprehensive ESIA services to public and private sector clients worldwide.
Our ESIA services include:
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and management plans
- Environmental and social Due Diligence (DD)
- Coordination of permit applications and formal consultations
- Identification and evaluation of mitigation measures to facilitate biodiversity conservation in rivers
- Fish facilities (i.e. near-natural bypass channels, fish bypasses, locks and lifts)
- Environmental flow assessments
- Calculation and analysis of sediment transport and reservoir sedimentation
- Sustainability assessments of hydropower plants with accredited assessors for the Hydropower Sustainability Assessment Protocol
- Capacity building and training