Energy and Infrastructure Transactions and Due Diligence Services
Our expert teams provide unparalleled due diligence for asset and company transactions covering market, commercial, regulatory, operational, technical and environmental aspects of each transaction. We provide advice and support on corporate & asset acquisitions and disposals, privatisations, debt and equity capital raisings as well as project finance.
AFRY Management Consulting provides transaction services globally to a wide range of sectors including energy (renewables, thermal generation, gas storage and transportation and electricity networks) and infrastructure (district energy, water, waste, ports, oil storage and pipeline).
In the energy and infrastructure sector, transactions are an ongoing reality for those wishing to grow or reposition their business. Often, following a strategic review, we work for clients wishing to acquire or dispose of assets in order to realise their vision.
Based on our deep understanding of energy and infrastructure assets and markets, we provide our clients with profound insights into their targets by combining our Management Consulting and Engineering capabilities.
AFRY offers a unique set of transaction and due diligence capabilities to Corporate players, Private Equity and Infrastructure funds as we cover the full spectrum of sell- and buy-side as well as (re)financing advisory from market, commercial and regulatory, to operational, technical and environmental aspects of each transaction. Being able to act as a one-stop-shop allows us to provide the greatest impact to our clients.
In this context, we help investors to assess target’s full potential by performing due diligences, assessing revenue growth potential, performance upsides, cost reduction opportunities and the quality of the asset base.
Our due diligence scope of works are designed on a case by case basis in order to address project status (e.g. sell side vs buy side, project finance…) client’s specificities (e.g. corporate players vs infrastructure funds) and target’s particularities (regulated business, new technologies…).
Market, Commercial and Regulatory due diligences
- Regulation, Market dynamics and industry trends
- Competitive positioning going forward
- Commercial strategy
- Potential risks and ways to minimise them
- Value creation potential
- Top-line business plan
Operational due diligences
- Assess technical performance of the assets and identify potential for process and cost optimisation (via benchmarking and intrinsic potential performance of the equipment)
- Identify the critical technical and operational issues that affect Execution Gap (ExGap)
- Quantify improvement potential ExGaps (EBITDA impact)
- Provide insights on the implementation timeline of the identified gaps
Technical and environmental due diligences
- Evaluate quality of the asset base
- Assess maintenance strategy and identify any backlog
- Review IT systems (hardware and software) in place to support operation and maintenance processes
- Potential risks and strategy to mitigate them
- Challenge environmental constraints and future challenges
- Identify and quantify environmental liabilities and review remediation plans
- ESG due diligence
- Costs items of the business plan (CAPEX and OPEX)
Our way of working with our Clients is based on five pillars
We have a global reach combined with local capabilities, able to support all type of companies and investors in the energy and infrastructure sector in Europe, the Americas, Middle East, Africa and Asia.
AFRY Capital, AFRY's M&A advisory team, provides independent strategic corporate finance and M&A advice to clients in the Forest Products, Packaging, Energy and Infrastructure Sectors – please visit www.afry.com/capital for more information.
We have supported more than €250 billion of transactions since 2008.