Climate change and the power sector
Climate change is one of the most pressing issues of our generation and associated risks have become a high profile issue in the financial sector.
Our clients will need to understand and at least comply with a new and emergent regime to satisfy their investors and regulators expectations. They need to understand the disclosure recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosure encompassing the four thematic areas: Governance, Strategy, Risk Management and Metrics & Targets.
Furthermore, climate change will have a massive impact on the power sector. The power sector is exposed to climate change directly, due to its reliance on existing weather and climate patterns. Understanding these risks is key to improving the profitability of your business in the future.
Our Value Proposition covers a wide range of services to support our clients in managing the impacts of climate change.
- Regional specific assessments to quantify the financials of climate change risks of your assets.
- Identification of the climate change related information to be presented in the non-financial report.
- Review of climate governance including an analysis of the roles and responsibilities of the board and the C-suite with respect to climate.
- Strategy development comprising climate positioning, portfolio re-design and transaction support with disposals and acquisitions.
- Assessment of business models in terms of strategy, financial planning and value chain in order to identify the related climate impacts.