Pöyry Capital is a sector-focused M&A advisory business.
Pöyry Capital is a sector-focused M&A advisory business offering specialist, value-added and independent advice to clients in our sectors of focus: Forest products, packaging, energy, infrastructure and transactions.
Our team comprises investment bankers with in-depth understanding and extensive transaction experience in forest products, packaging and energy & infrastructure. We have been consistently ranked in the top 5 M&A advisers for paper, pulp and packaging M&A in Europe and our team includes bankers who have advised on many of the most significant gas, power and infrastructure transactions in Europe.
We are based in London and have an international character and approach – our team of 20 speaks over 15 languages. Our work almost always has a cross-border element. In the past four years we have carried out assignments in, or for clients from, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, China, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Hungary, Latvia, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States and Uruguay.
Our international reach is enhanced by close collaboration with AFRY Management Consulting and through our association with Orion International Advisors.
Pöyry Capital is authorised and regulated under the UK Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Pöyry Capital is the largest dedicated forest products investment banking advisory team in London. We manage transactions across the value chain including forestland, wood products, biofuels, pulp, paper and biomaterials.
- Forestland: We have access to timberland owners and investors around the world and recent transaction experience in Europe, Latin America, Africa and Asia, notably working with forest owners looking to dispose non-core holdings
- Wood Products: Our experience covers value-added products from timber and saw mills through to wood panels
- Pulp: We have experience in all sectors of the industry from chemical kraft paper pulps to specialties such as sulphite and dissolving grades
- Paper: We advise on restructurings, plant conversion projects, joint ventures, corporate and assets acquisitions and disposals, reflecting the fast-moving developments in the market and the very different prospects for different paper grades
Our packaging franchise has grown substantially in recent years and today we are one of the leading advisers by volume of deals in the European market.
Recent transactions have included asset and company sales, corporate carve-outs, asset and company acquisitions and strategic advisory engagements. Our clients include listed and private companies, private equity funds, family offices and owner-managers. We cover all types of packaging, notably fibre-based, flexible and rigid plastics, metal and glass.
We provide a higher level of senior commitment than most of our competitors, no matter the deal size. Our extensive coverage of the packaging industry worldwide has provided us with in-depth knowledge of the sector dynamics and a thorough understanding of strategic and financial buyers and of sellers’ priorities.
We provide regular reports on European packaging transactions and M&A which are relied upon by clients wishing to stay current with valuation trends and sector developments.
Energy & Infrastructure
Our work reflects the rapid changes affecting the energy sector and the increasing interest in infrastructure as an asset class.
Our clients include major energy companies, pension funds, infrastructure funds and private equity investors. Our range of experience is broad but we have developed market-leading expertise by focusing on key market trends, such as:
- Stress caused by changing market dynamics: We have advised on several transactions in which energy companies have recycled capital through selling or creating partnerships in networks, thermal generation and non-core businesses
- Focus on flexible, low carbon, efficient generation: We have extensive transaction experience in heat networks and CHP, standby generation providing balancing services and in renewables such as hydro, wind and solar
- Development of smart, digital solutions: We are advising market players and new entrants on ways to build leadership in smart energy solutions and energy services
- Infrastructure: We have recent experience in energy networks, water distribution and treatment, recycling and in telecoms infrastructure
Since 2017 Pöyry Capital has announced 21 buyside and sellside transactions across all sectors of focus, including timberland, pulp, specialty paper, packaging, energy and infrastructure. For more details please visit our transactions page on www.poyrycapital.com.
AFRY has considerable transaction expertise, offering commercial, technical, regulatory and environmental due diligence services for a broad range of M&A and financing transactions. For more details please see here.