Circular Packaging Strategy for H&M
H&M (Hennes & Mauritz AB) is a multinational clothing-retail company known for its fast-fashion clothing for men, women, teenagers and children. We explored different circular business initiatives, among them circular and sustainable packaging.
AFRY helped H&M to develop a global circular packaging strategy for all its packaging. Based on the strategy, an action plan was developed for the company and all its brands. AFRY also participated in the starting phase of implementing the strategy into the organization.
The project resulted e.g. in a description of current state, concrete goals and actions and a consequence analysis (on costs, customer impact and environmental impact) on the different actions.
- Reduce packaging across the value chain by 25% by 2025
- All packaging should be designed to be reusable, recyclable or compostable by 2025
- Take action to eliminate all unnecessary plastic
- 100% of packaging made from recycled or other sustainably sourced material by 2030
- Reuse of recycle 100% of packaging waste from own sites by 2025
Results are presented in their sustainability reports 2018 and 2019.
Customer: H&M Group
AFRYs role: consulting for global packaging strategy