Join AFRY at COP26
AFRY is participating in the COP26 UN Climate Change Conference in Glasgow.
As part of our collaboration with Business Sweden, AFRY is hosting events in the Swedish Pavilion, engaging with peers, decision-makers and experts on subjects closely linked to how we can accelerate the transition towards a sustainable future.
What is expected from COP26?
The COP 26 UN Climate Change Conference, hosted by the UK, is taking place from 31 October to 12 November 2021 in Glasgow, UK. One of the main goals of the upcoming UN climate talks is to bring parties together to accelerate actions towards cutting greenhouse gas emission and thereby limit global warming to below 2 degrees – preferably 1.5 degrees celsius – compared with pre-industrial times, as pledged under the Paris Agreement. The question for COP26 being how this can be achieved.
Also part of the Paris Agreement and a focus for the COP26 discussions, is a promise by developed countries to provide less developed economies with financial assistance to help them cut greenhouse gas emissions and cope with the impacts of extreme weather. This is seen as essential to fulfil the 2015 Paris Agreement, as large-scale investments are required to significantly reduce emissions.
Partnerships to accelerate the sustainable transition
The complexity of the energy transition requires industry leaders to use their knowledge and expertise to help accelerate progress towards clean energy. And AFRY strongly believes in engaging in new and innovative partnerships to accelerate the transition towards a sustainable society – also being the reason for our participation at the UN Climate Change Conference.
AFRY at COP26
During the upcoming days, AFRY’s Jonas Gustavsson, CEO and President, and Marie Trogstam, Head of Sustainability, will participate in a number of COP26 events in collaboration with Business Sweden. The events will be hybrid sessions that will be broadcasted externally. Check out the full agenda
Below are the events we are taking part in, as well as the link to each broadcast. You would be very welcome to tune in and follow the discussions from Glasgow!
In addition, listen to interviews from the event.
Join our events during COP26
- 10:30-11.30 CET: Accelerating the energy transition in developing economies, with Jonas Gustavsson and Marie Trogstam.
- 14.30-16.00 CET: Energy transitions for 1.5°C – scaled and enabled by energy efficiency, innovation and digitalisation, with Jonas Gustavsson.
- 16.30-17.30 CET: The Climate Benefits of Exports, with Marie Trogstam.
- 10.00-10.45 CET: Driving sustainable transition from a youth perspective, with Jonas Gustavsson, Marie Trogstam, AFRY’s Youth Panel and Johanna Blendow (Norrsken Foundation).
Saturday 6 November
- 14.00-15.00 CET: Accelerating climate action through science and innovation, with Jonas Gustavsson.