As Accredited organization we have integrity, are independent and unbiased
AFRY offers accredited services in mechanical testing, non-destructive testing, climate- and environment testing as well as welder testing. These services can be found at AFRY Test and Qualification Center in Borlänge.
Within ÅF-Industry AB (AFRY), we have the business area AFRY Test and Qualification Center, an accredited organization that unbiased and independently conducts services in both testing and certifying, related to certain regulations and standards.
Within the testing activities at Test Center, both accredited and non-accredited testing is conducted. Regardless which, the services are conducted independently and unbiased, in line with the requirements in ISO 17025 and internal policies.
The certification activities at Qualification Center takes independent and unbiased decisions regarding the certification of welders and follow the requirements in ISO 17024 and internal policies. You can read more about the procedure at https://afry.weldward.com.
The Independen's and un-bias of the organization is risk evaluated and is followed up regularly. The certification activities are also evaluated regularly by the governing body with external members in the majority.
Accredited by SWEDAC
AFRY’s testing lab, Test Center, is accredited by SWEDAC in accordance with the requirements in ISO/IEC 17025:2018 and SWEDAC:s own regulations.
Our business (ÅF-Industry AB) is an independent and unbiased test lab that would love to help you with testing and verification services in multiple areas.
AFRY conducts accredited testing in the following areas and in accordance with the standards:
- IEC 60068-2-30 (2005) Environmental testing - Part 2-30: Tests - Test Db: Damp heat, cyclic (12 h + 12 h cycle)
- IEC 60068-2-38 (2021) Environmental testing - Part 2-38: Tests - Test Z/AD: Composite temperature/humidity cyclic test
- IEC 60068-2-78 (2012) Environmental testing - Part 2-78: Tests - Test Cab: Damp heat, steady state
- Exhaustion testing of components (own method)
- SS-EN ISO 5173:2010 Destructive tests on welds in metallic materials - Bend tests
- SS-EN ISO 9017:2018 Destructive tests on welds in metallic materials - Fracture test
- SS-EN ISO 9015-1:2011 Destructive tests on welds in metallic materials - Hardness testing - Part 1: Hardness test on arc welded joints
- SS-EN ISO 6507-1:2018 Metallic materials - Vickers hardness test - Part 1: Test method
- TDOK 2014:0587 version 2.0 Welder testing – Welding of rails and rail components (extent: bend- and break testing of welded rail)
- SS-EN ISO 17639:2013 Destructive tests on welds in metallic materials - Macroscopic and microscopic examination of welds (extent: macro)
- SS-EN ISO 17638:2016 Non-destructive testing of welds - Magnetic particle testing
- SS-EN ISO 3452-1:2021 Non-destructive testing - Penetrant testing - Part 1: General principles
- SS-EN ISO 17636-1:2013 Non-destructive testing of welds - Radiographic testing - Part 1: X- and gamma-ray techniques with film
- SS-EN ISO 17640:2018 Non-destructive testing of welds - Ultrasonic testing - Techniques, testing levels, and assessment
- TRVINFRA-00015 ver. 1.0.0 Track superstructure - non-destructive testing (Limitation: New welds)
- SS-EN ISO 17637:2016 Non-destructive testing of welds - Visual testing of fusion-welded joints
AFRY are accredited in relevant non-destructive and destructive testing methods necessary for certification of welders in accordance with the standards mentioned under the tab AFRY Qualification Center.
Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions, or why not come visit us at Dalarna Science Park in Borlänge, Sweden.
Accredited by SWEDAC
AFRY (ÅF Industry AB) is accredited by SWEDAC for person certification in accordance with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17024 and SWEDAC:s own regulations. We are also a third-party organ in accordance with Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU (PED).
Our decisions shall be unbiased, independent and correct and we shall work so you may have a pleasant meeting without favoring one side or the other, or any particular enterprise.
AFRY performs certification of welders according to the following standards:
- SS-EN ISO 9606-1 – Qualification test of welders – Fusion welding of steel
- SS-EN ISO 9606-2 - Qualification test of welders – fusion welding of aluminum and aluminum alloys
- SS-EN ISO 9606-3 - Qualification test of welders – fusion welding of copper and copper alloys
- SS-EN ISO 9606-4 - Qualification test of welders – fusion welding of nickel and nickel alloys
- SS-EN ISO 9606-5 - Qualification test of welders – fusion welding of titanium and titanium alloys
- SS-EN ISO 14732 – Welding personnel – Qualification testing of welding operators and weld setters for mechanized and automatic welding of metallic materials
- SS-EN ISO 13585 – Brazing - Qualification test of brazers and brazing operators
- TDOK 2014:0587 – Qualification of welders – Welding of rails and rail components
AFRY has an accredited certification lab in Sweden. More information can be found under the tab Test Center.
WeldWard for questions, complaints and appeals
The cases and appeals of certification decisions are handled by WeldWard. WeldWard is our independent platform with a routine and definite process
There you can make appeals and leave thoughts, complaints and improvement suggestions to AFRY Qualification Centers operation.
Interested in our offering? Contact us!